CHURCH WORLD SERVICE KITS
Can be gathered, assembled and sent year round!
1. ASSEMBLE KITS
· Contents are listed at www.cwsglobal.org/kits
· Contents have been selected with care based on years of experience so please follow the instructions exactly. (Extraneous donations would surely be welcomed at local ministries.)
· Please remove excess packaging
2. PACK THE ASSEMBLED KITS IN BOXES
· Pack the kits in boxes with lids (separate boxes for school and hygiene kits), marked with the name and address of your church and the kind and number of kits inside. SEAL THE BOXES!
· Buckets should just have the name and address of your church. You may write these right on the bucket, or tape a paper with this information onto the top of the bucket.
3. BRING THEM TO PRESBYTERY MEETING AT STRONGHOLD IN NOVEMBER, or drop them off at:
Elgin Brethren Center
Mon. – Fri: 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
· CWS will transport them from the November Stronghold Assembly to the CWS warehouse, for free.
4. BRING A CHECK
· Although CWS transports the kits for free, CWS does ask for a donation of $2 per kit ($3 per bucket) to help with transport costs from the warehouse to the hands of people in need.
· Checks can be made to: CWS
More information is available at the CWS regional office (630) 200-4571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some video resources to help share the message of kits’ importance with your congregation:
A 9-minute video, explaining how the kits are used:
A 2-minute video, sharing CWS’ response to Hurricane Sandy in the Caribbean:
A 1 ½ -minute video, telling fow Kits have been used in the U.S. to respond to Sandy: